Sunday, June 29, 2008

Wednesday's Discussion showed Relevance of Debate

I am happy to have put the articles from last week behind me. I'm sure that they are interesting to Bartholomae and Elbow, but I really had great difficulty in embracing what they had to say.

Even after reading their arguments again, I don't feel that I appreciated their points as much as I should have. Though I felt that some of their points were valid in certain areas, I for once was at a loss for words and felt quite disinterested in the seemingly endless circular debate.

However....I was interested in the comments that were made on Wednesday during the discussion and was better able to see the relevance of their debate. The articles for this week seem to be much more interesting and relevant, and I am looking forward to our discussion tomorrow.

No comments: